Wednesday, March 29, 2023

and i'll spend all my tomorrows coming down

I made it back to ye olde Iowa without incident yesterday, although it felt like I was just barely escaping in time - I felt a baby earthquake while I was showering, and another big storm was headed in, so the fact that my flight was on time felt like a minor miracle. I was later getting to SFO than I like to be, so I was a bit rushed, but I had time for eggs and potatoes before boarding, which made being squished into coach (after failure to get an upgrade) a little more palatable. I also had a v. tasty salad in Denver, and then getting into Des Moines was a breeze.

I had intended to come straight home, but I had to go to West Des Moines to pick up a prescription, and Drewbaby texted me while I was in Denver to see if I wanted to get together. He moved to the Des Moines area recently, which is the first time since 1999 that all three of us ([censored], Drewbaby, and I] have lived in the same state. Since Drewbaby was six that year, we really don't have much experience being in the same place as adults. So, we met up for dinner, which was delightful, even if the service was absurdly slow (but the portions were huge, which meant I was able to have leftovers for lunch today rather than scrounging in my barren fridge).

When I got home last night, I stumbled around to unpack and unwind, and then slept for almost eleven hours. My mom stopped by briefly after I woke up, and then I scurried to get ready and get into town for a meeting regarding the mural event I'm getting involved in. Then I grabbed some groceries, came home, took care of a bunch of online tings, did some work for the mural project, etc. And I also made dinner - a new-to-me shrimp and broccoli stir fry that was adequately tasty and also adequately easy, and also gluten free and hopefully easy for my still-recovering-from-trip stomach.

Eventually, [censored] came home, so we talked for awhile and also watched some tv. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: