Wednesday, March 15, 2023

she's got a heart of gold, she'd never let me down

I have successfully arrived in San Francisco, which I am mildly surprised by - the weather here has been atrocious, and earlier in the day there were dozens of canceled flights and lots of long delays. So, I proceeded with my day operating under the lurking suspicion that I would be spending the night in Seattle. I still got up (slightly painfully), showered, packed, and checked out, and I still went to the airport at the right time (which was a good thing), but it doesn't feel quite real that I made it.

Today was really nice, though - I had a leisurely morning, and then I met up with Ritu to look at tile (for her house, not mine, although it gave me some remodel PTSD) and then I v. delicious lunch at an excellent Italian place across the street from my hotel. I have a strong urge to recreate the salad that they made, and the gluten free pasta was perfect, so it was a good way to recover from yesterday's shenanigans. It was also a good way to hang out with Ritu - it's never long enough, but it was a lovely visit.

Then, she went to pick up her daughter and I had an iced coffee at my hotel before going to the airport. The travel was as uneventful as it could be, which was v. welcome, and I slept most of the flight. Then, I came to Chandlord's, since she is graciously hosting me while I'm here. She let me in and we caught up briefly, but it's a work night for her and I want to get up tomorrow and get back into the writing zone, so we said goodnight early. And now I'll do the same to you - goodnight!

No comments: