Thursday, March 16, 2023

I believe in the sand beneath my toes

I had an excellent first day in the city of sin. I slept in as a valiant attempt to catch up after my Pacific Northwest run, and then I had brunch at MyMy, which was always one of my fave neighborhood spots and is still as good as always. Then I came back to Chandlord's, took a nap, and did some work and some rereading of my manuscript to get back in the mood.

Eventually, I walked to japantown, where I grabbed a milk tea and met Veronica at my fave paper store. I was v restrained at the store, but I made up for it at dinner - we went to An Japanese, which is tucked into a corner of the mall and only seats twelve people, and is somehow the best sushi I've ever had. I went there once with the original Jen Lui, and once by myself, and the third time was just as good as ever. The fish was stellar, and they had a special wagyu beef nigiri that may have been one of the best bites I've ever had.

So, needless to say, it was a lovely dinner. It was also great to see Veronica, and we continued the night with a drink at the Kabuki before parting ways. Then I took an Uber to Vidya's, put on pajamas, slept for three minutes....

... And then answered my phone, put on jeans, and took an Uber back to Festa, which is also in the japantown mall, and so exactly where I came from. Vidya went there with the other Vidya after they had a decadent dinner for two, and I was conned into joining them. Clearly it was pretty consensual, because I had three (four?) glasses of sauvignon blanc and also sang my karaoke trifecta (Nicki Minaj's Super Bass, Third Eye Blind's Semi Charmed Life, and Nickelback's Photograph). So, that was super fun and my body can figure out how to pay for it tomorrow.

And now it's 1:45am and I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: