Wednesday, May 24, 2023

destroy the world that we took so long to make

I was pretty focused on the book today - that doesn't mean that I avoided all procrastinating, since I can't focus on the book nonstop for hours when I'm in plotting/decision mode. But I wrote in the morning, and I wrote in the afternoon, and I wrote in the early evening. I'm slowly piecing together what's becoming the plot for the second first draft (first second draft?), so I'm generally excited, even if it's slow going.

In between writing bursts, I had lunch (leftover spaghetti amatriciana), a snack (apple and peanut butter), dinner (leftover pad thai), copious quantities of caffeine (cold brew and cherry coke zero), and less copious quantities of white wine (sauvignon blanc). I also watered [censored]'s [censored], washed my sheets and quilt, and cooked some chicken to turn into cobb salads.

So, all in all, it was a pretty good day. It took a severe turn around 11pm, when I realized that I had a bug infestation building in my bedroom - there must be something off about the seal on my slider door, because I suddenly had dozens of little flying insects swarming around my light, which was most unwelcome. I got a bunch of them with my vacuum cleaner, but this lured [censored] upstairs to see why I was vacuuming at 11pm. [Censored] got his [censored] from the basement, which is much more powerful than my vacuum cleaner, and he also removed the shade from my overhead light so that we could vacuum out the bugs that were trapped in there. I've now taped over the opening in my vacuum cleaner since there are a bunch of live bugs crawling around in there looking for a way out, but that's a problem for Future Sara.

That was all a little more exciting than I wanted my evening winddown to be, but at least I only see a couple of bugs still in my room, which is manageable to go to sleep with. On that ominous note, I think it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: