Monday, May 22, 2023

we don't talk anymore

I had a pretty good day, but I'm bleary-eyed and should have gone to bed an hour ago (although the ten minutes of brainstorming I just got at the end of that staying-up-too-late period was excellent). I spent the morning and part of the afternoon doing some writing tasks - mostly reminding myself how I used to plot / replot when I reached the point where I was ready to begin the second first draft. That means I've written 150-200 pages and now actually know what's going on, and so I'm ready to plot it and start over. It never feels like an accomplishment at the time, but this is how all my books went down, so I guess this one is following the usual pattern.

At some point, I ate leftover pasta for lunch, and I did some stuff for the mural festival. I also ran to the grocery store and watered some [censored] for [censored] (and sadly didn't see any foxes while doing it). And I did some more writing in the afternoon before prepping some food to take out to the parents' house.

I was going to make them shrimp tacos, because I wanted shrimp tacos - but shrimp tacos take longer (due to prepping accoutrements like pickled onions and crema and slaw and guac), and also my parents aren't in love with tacos like I am. So I made shrimp alfredo instead, which is less healthy, but it's certainly delicious - and much faster, which is also a bonus. We had dinner and I hung out with them for a couple of hours, which was v. nice.

And now, I really need to sleep since I have too many tings to do tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: