Friday, May 05, 2023

five o clock tired eight ball wired, i'm a buddy when you need

I had a bizarrely busy and unusual day. First I had to go to a community coffee meeting at 7:30am, which is definitely not my speed - but I am glad I went despite the fact that I took my own bougie cold brew and couldn't partake of the donuts. Then, I ran home and ate some yogurt before going to my parents' house to set up my dad's new phone. Since I've purposefully kept him in the Google hardware hegemony, it was pretty easy - the update from one Pixel to another is incredibly smooth, and I was able to do it without needing to sit in the phone company's office for an hour, so this was a win for everyone involved. 

Then I ran to [censored]'s garage to help with the counting of some [censored]. After, I ate a cobb salad, did a couple of tings, washed my car, took a twenty minute nap, and threw some stuff in a bag....

And then [censored] and I drove to Des Moines, where we met up with Drewbaby and his girlfriend. We first inspected Drewbaby's new house, which [censored] had already seen. Then, we had dinner at a pizza place near their house (Felix and Oscar's, I think), where the gluten free pizza was pretty good but made better by Graziano's Italian sausage (a local specialty).

After, the main event was a show at a bar - we went to Doc's to see The Barlow, who are a country band from Colorado. [Censored] and I saw them in Denver when they opened for Micky and the Motorcars, who [censored] visited Denver to see (and then did a thousand house projects for me, as he tends to do). I really enjoyed them at that show, and [censored] followed them enough to know that they were coming to Des Moines.

So, we hung out at the bar for their whole show, which was over three hours, which was pretty cool. They were really good, and the ambience entertained me... And they dedicated a song to [censored] because he was clearly one of the only people who knew most of their songs, and the lead singer had a nice convo with [censored] during the break to see how [censored] had found out about them.

So, that was a v fun way to spend an evening. But now I need to sleep so I can get up in six or seven hours and drop [censored] off at an all day [censored] class, which I'm v glad I don't have to take. Goodnight!

No comments: