Thursday, May 18, 2023

gimme gimme gimme a man after midnight

I'm very tired and need to go to bed, but I want to record for posterity that I had a nice day in Boulder. I purposefully kept most of it to myself, so I grabbed a coffee, did some work in my hotel, and eventually mosied over to Pizzeria Alberico (formerly Pizzeria Locale). The menu hasn't changed much, and their wine and cocktails all looked v high end.

So, I sat there and wrote for a couple of hours. Then I came back to my hotel and took a nap, which is one of my favorite things. I did a bit more writing before dinner, but it wasn't too compelling....

Then I had dinner with my friend Nicole, which was delish. It was great to catch up properly, even if all our stories could have been solo meetup topics in their own right. When I got back to the hotel, I sat at the hotel bar and forced myself to crank through some stuff that I hadn't done recently, and I'm glad I was able to motivate myself (even if getting a second wind at ten p.m. is not helpful in the grand scheme of things).

But now, I need to sleep since tomorrow is much more hectic - goodnight!

No comments: