Monday, May 15, 2023

run for the hills because the end is near

I'm back in Denver and sad that my weekend with Katie is over, but it's probably time to get back to work. We had a final soak in the hot springs this morning, which was divine - there weren't many people there, and the weather was perfect. And then we cleaned up, grabbed lunch (at the same place we ate twice before... But I had the Cobb salad with trout for lunch and it was excellent), and drove back to Denver.

When we got here, we parted ways abruptly so that Katie could say hi to her kids, and I checked into my hotel. I've stayed here before and I don't love it, but it was relatively cheaper and I'm only here for a night, so c'est la vie. 

After I checked in, I drove to my old neighborhood to see Kelly at El Camino. We were supposed to get together Wednesday but moved to tonight, and I'm glad we did - we had more time together tonight, and I got to eat my beloved El Camino nachos. We caught up on a lot of stuff, and it made me nostalgic for my (non-covid) life here.

Then I came back to the hotel (after a drive by my old house, which I don't miss) and intended to have a drink and write at the bar, but a drink seemed even less appealing than writing (possibly because I only want nice wine and this place doesn't qualify). So, I'm going to go to bed early instead - goodnight!

No comments: