Thursday, May 18, 2023

promiscuous boy

I didn't sleep well last night, which I blame on the altitude. But today was quite lovely despite that. I grabbed some coffee at Starbucks and got some writing done, and then I hastily showered and met Caroline for coffee at Boxcar. She's coming to visit in a month, so we mostly talked about that, and I'm excited to see how it goes and whether she'll give a positive review to anyone else who's thinking of visiting.

Then I had lunch with Morganne and her new baby at Postino (which is an offshoot of the one in Denver, and also they're surprisingly good for gluten free). Morganne and I have known each other for fifteen years and I adore her, and we've been on the same team a couple of different times. She decided to have a baby on her own and I was aware of her process, so I was happy to see that she's delighted by it (and her baby is adorable). We caught up for a couple of hours, and I ate some v tasty bruschetta, and it was perfect.

Then I met up with Alisha - I hadn't scheduled time with her initially bc I was prioritizing people I've befriended outside of work, but I always liked her, and she happened to message me a couple of days ago. She had a lot of updates, so it was great to see her.

Then I took a v brief nap before dinner, which was supposed to be a tiki bar - but there was a flash flood warning north of here and the restaurant cancelled our reservation, so that was the end. Instead, Sara, JM, Caroline and I went to Avery Brewing, where I could only drink the single flavor of hard seltzer they had, but it was great. And now, I'm flagging the need to go to bed -- goodnight!

No comments: