Saturday, May 27, 2023

i can't shake off my city blues

I had a pretty good day. I attempted to write (in several spurts) throughout the day, and I was moderately successful - I got six or eight pages, which I'll take. I also played the assistant while [censored] hung the drapes over the sliding door in my bedroom - I'd had them for quite awhile, but they weren't really a priority, although they were steadily rising on the priority list as the sun started rising earlier. However, the bug catastrophe earlier this week was the final straw, so [censored] graciously hung them. They look really great, although my short t-rex arms aren't good at pulling them open/closed without screwing up the rings (I'm trying these c-shaped rings to go over the center support) - so I ordered some rods to put on them that will hopefully help with the opening / closing. Regardless, I'm delighted that they're up, so I look forward to not getting woken up briefly at 5:45am tomorrow morning.

After [censored] did that, I did a bit of tidying up, a bit of procrastinating, and then took a shower. And then I wrote for another chunk of time before dinner. We went out to mom and dad's; Mom made potato salad and baked beans, which were as delish as always, and Dad grilled brats. While we were out there, [censored] had to take care of [censored] and [censored], thus hopefully filling his quota of unpleasant tasks to do this weekend (yes, I'm including my drapes in that list of unpleasant tasks).

And now, I should really go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: