Saturday, May 13, 2023

mama said knock you out

Katie and I had one of our perfect days together.... objectively it was much nicer/fancier than our old days at the lake, but it had the same vibe. I wrote a bit this morning because I woke up too early, and then we had breakfast at the cafe in our hotel. Then, we spent the day at Iron Mountain - it's a series of hot springs pools that overlook the Colorado River, and they're a delight. We sat in a bunch of the pools, and ate lunch, and talked, and tried not to get sunburned, and it was great.

Then we came back to the hotel and had nachos and drinks to revive ourselves before taking showers and grabbing dinner. And now, I'm bizarrely going to bed at 10:15pm - I blame the time change, the sun exposure, and the fact I haven't been sleeping enough. Goodnight!

No comments: