Tuesday, May 23, 2023

i know that we'll have a ball if we get down and go out and just lose it all

I had a pretty good day, although I didn't get enough sleep last night and so made things harder for myself than they needed to be (which should probably be the title of my memoir). I wrote a tiny bit when I woke up, and then I showered, had a call with someone about a grant, and spent a couple of hours doing stuff for the mural festival. Then I had our biweekly mural festival meeting, which went as smoothly as it could have gone. And then I came home, did a bit of house stuff, and procrastinated very diligently (when I should have just admitted defeat and taken a nap).

Eventually, I watered [censored]'s [censored], and then I took a walk while listening to the audiobook that I started on my drive across Kansas. It was a little too warm and I was a little too thirsty, but otherwise the walk was great. Then I came home, did a bit more writing, and eventually made dinner. I tried pad thai again with some rice noodles that I picked up at H Mart in Denver, as well as with some frozen shrimp and some tofu that I had bought ages ago and needed to use. I think I've finally nailed the pad thai recipe - I was a bit worried because I wasn't sure the sauce was right, and I never cook with tofu, but it turned out excellently. I'm really pleased that I can add it to my rotation, since sometimes I'm craving pad thai and there is nowhere to get it here. And I have leftovers for tomorrow, so theoretically I don't have to cook (although I thawed out some chicken, so I'll have to do something with that).

After dinner, I cleaned the kitchen, fed the sourdough starter that Aunt B sent home with me, and thought about writing, but instead installed some major updates on my desktop. And now I'm going to go to bed (after perhaps checking in on my ongoing outline / plot development one more time) - goodnight!

No comments: