Monday, May 29, 2023

not enough and you're gonna die

I had a lovely day - it's amazing what 85 degrees and sun will do for me, even if 1) my bedroom will now be too hot until October, 2) the fact that it's 85 degrees probably doesn't bode well for the summer, 3) the fact that we aren't getting any rain doesn't bode well for the crops. But my most selfish inner sun worshipper is delighted to have summer here, and to have a balcony that is shaded most of the day so that I can enjoy it. Of course, my allergies would insist that I not enjoy the outdoors at all, but I will suffer through regardless.

I spent most of the morning outside reading a book about writing as an intuitive thinker - my intuitive nature is always predominant on all the personality/skill tests I take, and this book was by the woman who taught the coaching class I took earlier in the year, so I found it pretty interesting. I took a break in the afternoon to eat lunch, run some errands, and do some cleaning around the house, which felt good even though I don't particularly like cleaning. And I said farewell to [censored], who had to go back to [censored] tonight.

Then, I had a long chat with my friend Barbara (California Barbara, not Colorado/Oregon Barbara) - we hadn't chatted in a couple of months, so we were overdue for a catch-up. After I talked to her, I ate some leftover Mexican food and then sat on my balcony and finished the book I was reading - it was almost fully dark by the time I was done, but it was worth reading, and I'm looking forward to trying to integrate some of the concepts into my writing practice.

After that, I did some random online stuff, painted my toenails, and generally wound down. And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: