Tuesday, May 02, 2023

can you remember and humanize?

I had a pretty productive day overall, although my morning was a bit of a waste because I was sitting around waiting for the flooring guy to show up and put in a trim piece that I'd been waiting for for months. He did come around 11, and the installation took less than ten minutes, so I'm glad it's done. And I did get a little bit of writing done while I was waiting, so it wasn't a complete loss.

Then, I put together a cobb salad for lunch, and also put together several jars of cobb salads for future lunches the rest of the week. I did some more procrastinating in the afternoon, I think, but I also wrote for three hours or so, which I'll definitely take. Then, I made fried rice for dinner - technically, I was trying to make nasi goreng (the Indonesian fried rice that I lived on in Bali). I'd say I was partially successful - I don't think my skillet was hot enough, and maybe I had too much oil, but overall it was pretty tasty. It was different from the nasi goreng that I ate all the time at Roam - judging from some pictures I took, they cooked some veg (carrot, cabbage?, green onion) into the rice, while the recipe I used only added onion. And mine ended up darker than theirs, probably because of the sweet soy sauce, and I thought this turned out slightly too sweet. Mine also had chicken in it, while theirs was veg. But still, it was a tasty first effort, and I'm glad to have leftovers so I don't have to cook tomorrow.

After dinner, I cleaned up, and then I listened to a few podcasts while printing a ton of envelopes (one at a time due to a feed issue with small envelopes), stamped a ton of envelopes, stuffed them into bigger envelopes, and stamped those envelopes too. It was a tedious effort, but I was pretty efficient, and I enjoyed the podcasts I listened to, so at least there's that.

And now, I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: