Thursday, May 04, 2023

the moon is on my side, i have no reason to run

And just like that, it feels like summer, and my room is now too hot instead of too cold. I really appreciate Marvin's foresight in putting the master bedroom over the garage, where it is exposed to the most temperature fluctuations. Clearly he didn't read any medieval romances which explained how to put the lord's main room in the most temperature-friendly part of the castle.

sssanyway, today was good - and I'm happy that it felt like summer, since I am in a 100x better mood when it's sunny and warm. I did some writing this morning, which was fine. I had a chat with a friend, then took care of some tings, and then had lunch (a jarred cobb salad, which is always tasty). Then, I went for a walk, partially to snoop -- [censored] ran an errand and reported back that the city council meeting had changed dates, which was tres interesante because I was planning to go to the city council meeting to bring up an ordinance issue (more on that in a sec).

So, I went for a walk and chatted with the city clerk to verify the timing of the meeting. Then I walked some more, and headed out toward the town cemetery; on the way, I ran into Ross, who was driving back from either his farm or the cemetery, and we chatted in the middle of the road until someone finally (many minutes later) needed to get through. Then I ran into the town mayor, which was illuminating. Then I came home, did some writing, and showered.

I did go to the city council meeting, and I won't go into detail here, other than to say that I expected to live here for more than nine months before going to a council meeting to ask them to enforce their ordinances against livestock in town. It seemed to go fine, although we'll see what actually happens - I'm guessing it's not the end of this story, but who knows!

Then, [censored] and I grabbed Mexican for dinner (we went into the restaurant, and the server brought us cheese dip before she even took our order, so I'd say they know us). And then I came home and did some internet procrastination. And now I need to sleep, since I have early mornings the next few days - goodnight!

No comments: