Saturday, May 20, 2023

the center of attention, back for the winter

I'm back in ye olde Iowa after an entirely uneventful (but too long) drive across Kansas. I usually go across Nebraska, as long time readers know, but Aunt B lives south of Denver, and so I-70 is oh so slightly quicker. The only time I did this route before was during a snowstorm, so I didn't remember any of the scenery. Parts of it are just as boring as Nebraska, but I thought the southeast part of Colorado was prettier than the northeast corner, and some of Kansas (namely the Flint Hills) was interesting. I would probably stick to Nebraska because I know where all the Starbucks are, but this was a good change.

So, I left Aunt B's around 8:30, grabbed a gigantic cold brew on the way out of town, and then drove all day. I made more stops than most of my family does (prob bc of that gigantic coffee), and I also stopped to eat Qdoba in Hays for lunch and a salad from a convenience store in Bethany for dinner - this added 45min combined, but a was worth it because I didn't gluten myself with chicken nuggets like I usually do.

So I got home at 9:30 pm CDT, which meant my stops cost me an hour and a half, but I didn't fall asleep driving or eat gluten or urinate in my newly detailed car, so I'll take it. I talked to [censored] when I got here and admired his vacuuming (should I have censored that?), and also said hi to all my plants. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: