Thursday, May 11, 2023

i'll be living that good life

I should have gone to bed two hours ago, but that's a common refrain. Today was a rush to get out the door. I spent the morning doing a variety of tings, as well as prepping for a writing talk I had to give this afternoon - my former teacher, who is now a Methodist minister, asked me to give a talk at her church, and I had said yes a long time ago. I didn't have to prep really hard, but I did outline what I wanted to say and made a handout for the group, so that all went well.

I also did some other tings, showered, and made lunch (another citrus salad with tuna, which is so delish). Then I went to my talk - happily, 10 or 12 people were there, which was quite a good turnout. I told [censored] later that all the teachers who liked him better in school told me to tell him hi, which was not a lie; two teachers liked [censored] better than me, and they were both there. They clearly liked me well enough to show up, but I know they preferred [censored]...but to each their own, I guess.

sssanyway. My talk went well, and it was fun to do, so I'm glad I got through it. Then I sped home and packed for my Colorado trip. I had hoped to be ready to leave as soon as my talk was done, but that clearly didn't happen. Also, there have been a lot of storms in Denver that were headed across Nebraska, and I was nervous about driving into them. So I purposefully left relatively late (after 6pm) and drove only as far as Lincoln, where I had a hotel where I could park my car in the garage in case of hail. This will make for a long day tomorrow, but it is preferable to driving through a thunderstorm at night.

I drove the whole 3.5 hours without stopping, and I checked into my hotel without incident (the only incident being I had a different hotel in my head and so was v. surprised to see the lobby looking so different from expectations...but this is actually nicer). Then I had a late snack of a salad and some wine at the restaurant, which I enjoyed while writing for the last couple of hours. And now I really desperately need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: