Sunday, May 28, 2023

you get too much you get too high

My day was good, thanks for asking. I slept in (thanks to my new curtains), and then I drank some cold brew and wrote for most of the morning (among other tings). Then, I had a cobb salad, relaxed a bit, and spent the remainder of the afternoon doing outdoor activities. This included potting some flowers in containers (which required finding the containers in my shed and cleaning them off first), cutting back a couple of shrubs that I should have cut back ages ago, and using my leaf blower to clean off my front stoop and my driveway / back door entrance. This enabled me to put down the new door mats I bought - I decided it was time for my reindeer doormat to go to the basement for the season, and I never loved the front doormat that Marvin left behind, so those have both been replaced.

While I was doing that, [censored] made a major contribution by string trimming (perhaps I should have censored that, but I feel [censored] deserves some credit). Then, we went out to the parents' house for dinner - my dad smoked some ribs, which I thought were delicious (although they were spicier than usual). We had leftover potato salad, which was still excellent, and my mom made brownies, which were also excellent. So, it was a nice end to the main part of the weekend, even if most people have tomorrow off too.

Then [censored] and I came back to town, and now I should probably consider going to bed (or at least reading a book). Goodnight!

No comments: