Sunday, July 02, 2023

let the sunshine in

I'm extremely tired tonight - I need to stop staying up until 2am and then expecting greatness in the morning. It's 10:45pm, which is 45min later than I had intended to go to bed, but I'm headed there as soon as I type this.

Today was decent enough, although I had a bit of Sunday Scaries. I got up, made some cold brew, and wrote for 45min or so, which I'll take. Then I made brunch for me and [censored] - I hadn't made brunch in ages (perhaps two months?), so we were way overdue. It was excellent, as usual, so I'm relieved I haven't lost my touch.

Then, I spent the afternoon being somewhat lazy - after tidying the kitchen, I took a nap, did the Sunday crossword puzzle, etc. Eventually, I wrote a bit more, then did some food prep, and then wrote a tiny bit while my potatoes were cooking. I'm really struggling with the book right now, which is probably why I was feeling some Sunday Scaries, but I'm hopeful that I'll get through whatever is currently blocking me.

Eventually, [censored] and I had dinner - I made scalloped potatoes (aka potatoes au gratin) and fried a slice of ham since I didn't like the looks of any whole hams at the grocery store. I also bought a bagged Caesar salad to go with the rest of the food. It was more involved than what I sometimes make for dinner, but not by much - I used my food processor to slice the potatoes and grate the cheese, and it was worth getting out (even though finding all the parts took longer than slicing the potatoes would have, since this is the first time I've used the food processor in a few months). All in all, it was quite tasty, and we have leftovers for later in the week, so it was #worthit.

Then I tidied the kitchen again, helped [censored] move [censored], folded some laundry, and decided to retire early. I did read for an hour - a book called WITCH KING by Martha Wells, which I'm enjoying so far. She wrote a v. different book that I read a few months ago (a novella called MURDERBOT) and liked, and so far this is quite good. It's the kind of book I could just glom and read all the way through, which is what usually happens - but I have plans tomorrow and can't afford to stay awake until three a.m., so I'm putting it down for now. Goodnight!

No comments: