Thursday, July 27, 2023

walk that walk baby

I had an excellent day of #smalltownlife, thanks to Veronica's visit and [censored]'s willingness to hang out. I spent the morning writing on my balcony, despite the oppressive heat; Veronica joined me for awhile after she woke up, but by 11am it was already too hot to be outside in the shade. So we moved inside, and then I ordered a salad for me and pizza for [censored], and V and I went into town to pick it up. When we got home, we all had lunch (to be clear, I would have ordered for Veronica too, but she wanted to make a sandwich).

We then spent a couple of hours in the afternoon working on our separate writing projects from the coolness of the living/dining room. Then, V and I drove around for a while - I took her south of town to the dirt road by Green Ridge cemetery, and then we went to Clio and Lineville just to see them. Then we came home, showered, got ready, etc., and went to Garden Grove. I would say that [censored] was in tow, but he drove, so I don't think I can pretend we kidnapped him.

We had dinner at the restaurant over there, and it was excellent as always - the cheese curds weren't as good as usual, but the fried pickles were tasty, and my burger was v. delicious. And V and I both had the southern Iowa lemonade (lemonade, ginger ale, Templeton rye), which I find delightful.

Then we came home, with a detour to drive around the town and hear [censored]'s perspective. V also got a tour of [censored], which is a rare treat. And then we all sat on my balcony until long after dark, swapping stories of families and various shenanigans.

And now, I really need to sleep - I have lots to do tomorrow, as they say. Goodnight!

No comments: