Friday, July 21, 2023

rumpelstiltskin in a haystack, maybe i need a straight jacket

I did a lot of mural stuff today, which is probably going to be the refrain for the next six weeks. I did sleep in since I stayed up until two a.m., but I didn't sleep in enough to make up for that late bedtime. Then I showered, hung out my mom for a bit, and sat on my balcony to send mural-related emails.

I took a break at some point to eat some leftover sweet potato hash, and then I went to the hospital to get my allergy shots. When I came home, I did more mural stuff for a few hours. And then I drove to the next town over to have dinner with Hannah. We went to a new soul food place that was pretty good - it wasn't amazing, but that may have been because they were out of the things that I had planned to order (it's that county's fair this week, and they were catering at the fairgrounds too). So I would happily try it again on a day when I could get their ribs or smoked chicken.

Then, Hannah gave me a tour of her work - she does naturalist/conservation work and her office is in a building with a lot of nature displays, educational materials about the outdoors, etc. It was really cool to see what she's done with it, and I was v. impressed (although I don't feel much need to visit rattlesnakes at night, but nothing untoward happened).

Then we parted ways, and I came home and messed around with some personal to-dos tonight. And now, I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: