Saturday, July 01, 2023

a celebration to last throughout the years

I got back from Kansas City yesterday after a v. lazy morning that included cold brew and journaling in the hotel lobby + lunch at a nearby poke place. Eating raw fish in Kansas City seems suboptimal, but I ate it all the time in Denver, so I realized that I was perhaps being overly judgmental - and the place was delicious, so I was glad I went.

Then I got home without any issues, hung out a bit, and had dinner with my parents and [censored] at our usual prime rib place (although I went rogue and had a ribeye). I was going to go to bed early because I've been tired, but instead I started reading a book (the first in Guild Hunter series) and ended up staying up until after one to finish the whole thing. I'm still triangulating a bit on what market I'm trying to hit, and the last two books I've read have been helpful for that even if they've been less helpful for my sleep.

So, today, I slept in and then spent the morning doing some first of the month paperwork-type stuff. Then I made avocado toast and eggs for lunch, did some more stuff, took a brief nap, and swung some kettlebells. Eventually, I showered, ran to the grocery store, came home, and started my rice cooker before sitting on my balcony and watching the rain. There were thunderstorms last night and it was rainy all evening today, which is excellent -- it's been incredibly dry here, so any rain helps.

While I was on my balcony, [censored] came home from [censored], so came up and chatted for a bit. Then I made supper - I had a packet of Thai krapow seasoning from Omsom in the pantry, so I threw it in with some ground turkey that I picked up at the store, as well as some onion/green pepper, and a handful of basil from my smart garden. The sauce packet is on the top edge of my spice tolerance, but it's nice that it's so easy - and I really liked it with the ground turkey even better than with ground beef (which I had dubbed 'Thai maidrite' when I made it last month).

Then, I was going to try to be a productive human, but instead [censored] and I decided to watch 'FUBAR' - the new Arnold Schwarzenegger action/comedy on Netflix. We ended up watching four episodes of the eight-episode season, and I'm surprisingly entertained - the writing is quite good, at least on the jhokes side, even if some of their decisions seem poor at times. But it was funny enough to keep going, so I'm sure we'll finish it at some point.

And now, I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: