Monday, July 31, 2023

love me or not

Today was Veronica's last full day in ye olde Iowa, so we made it count. We spent the morning on my balcony writing, which was great - I actually managed to ignore the mural festival for four solid hours, which meant I was able to get back into the book in a way that I haven't for awhile. Then we had a late lunch and went into town - I had to return a table to the museum, so we took that as an opportunity to go through the museum and see some tings. Veronica saw the taxidermy case of horrors, and I showed her around all the stuff that I used to see as a kid, along with all the various newer exhibits that have been put in over the years. It is quite a nice museum for the size of our community, so it was fun to show it off.

Then we washed my car (protip: the dryers are finally working after months of not working, although you have to just know which wash you want because the lettering for all the buttons has faded off), came home, took a wee break, and took trash to my dad's shop (where [censored] gave Veronica a very brief tour). After that, we ate some caprese salad that I'd made this afternoon - I roasted tomatoes while we went to the museum since [censored] was here to prevent fires, and I put the tomatoes together with mozzarella and fresh basil from my smart garden for a truly tasty appetizer / salad. Then [censored] left and V and I drank rosé on my balcony and ate hummus and enjoyed the sunset.

And now, I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: