Friday, July 21, 2023

lone ranger riding through an open space

I stayed up way later than I planned because I read a book, but #noregrets. I had to get up this morning in time to go to a check presentation for a grant that we got for the mural festival; the round barn was getting a grant from the same group, so I saw my parents there as they accepted their check as well. Then I took one of the visitors for a quick tour of my town so he could take some pictures of where some of the murals are going.

After that, I came home, had a quick lunch, and talked to my friend Barbara (Colorado Barbara, who I suppose it now Oregon Barbara?). And then I talked to Katie for an extended catch-up. And then I did various tings around the house, ate dinner, sat on my balcony, talked to [censored] to try to keep him awake on his drive, and read a bit. Eventually, [censored] got home and I intended to go to sleep shortly thereafter - but instead I finished the book I started tonight ("Legends and Lattes," which is a weirdly sweet and cosy fantasy about an orc who retires from bountyhunting and opens a coffee shop and make a bunch of new friends). And now it's time to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: