Saturday, July 08, 2023

she might have let you hold her hand in school but imma show you how to graduate

Apologies for not blogging yesterday - I had a fun excursion with [censored], but came home v. tired. We went to Rutledge, which is a flea market in the middle of nowhere approximately two hours southeast of us. I wanted to go for the nostalgia vibes, and possibly for my book; we went there back when we had turkeys many years ago, and I had v. vague memories of the place (it makes sense that they were vague, since I was six or seven at the time).

We didn't end up buying anything of note, although I did get a tshirt. But it was fun to wander around for a bit - and also somewhat depressing, given that there were a lot of people who had put in a lot of work to haul a lot of random stuff to Rutledge and did not appear to be making a lot of sales. And I managed to leave without buying peacocks, which I think showed great restraint.

On our way back, [censored] and I had a late lunch in Bloomfield and went to a Dutch Country Store that was pretty impressive. And then we were both wiped out when we got home, agreed not to eat dinner (although I ate the peanut butter sandwich I'd taken with me to Rutledge), and went our separate ways. I thought I would go to bed early, get up early, and get cracking...

...but today I got up at ten and did basically nothing. I did make some eggs for me and [censored], and I cleaned the kitchen, and took care of a few other random tasks. I also did a wee bit of writing in the afternoon. But I have nothing of interest to report from that, so we'll draw a veil over it.

In the evening, [censored] and I went to our parents' house and had dinner - my mom made fried potatoes and baked beans (which I was grateful for, since I love her fried potatoes), and my dad grilled bratwurst and hot dogs. It was all tasty, and we hung out for awhile after. And now, I really need to sleep and aim for a more productive day tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: