Wednesday, July 26, 2023

where wingless dreams fall earless

I'm v. sleepy and need to go to bed immediately, but today was a lovely day. I spent the morning cleaning, sending emails, etc., which all needed to get done and weren't too stressful. Then, I drove to Des Moines and picked up Veronica (yay!), who is visiting for the week. Veronica and I have been on many retreats together and I have stayed with her many times in San Francisco, so I'm delighted to show her my neck of the woods.

We stopped for a few groceries and then came to my house, where we ate cheese and salami and jam (must have jam with cheese now that I've discovered how great it is) and had some rosé. Then, we sat on my balcony until well after dark, chatting and catching up. [Censored] joined us after getting home, and it was all v. lovely.

We have grand plans for writing and going to the fair and doing various things the next few days, as the absurd heat allows. But for now, I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: