Sunday, July 23, 2023

mr. saxobeat

I had a pretty nice weekend, although I didn't do enough stuff for the mural festival and so feel like I need to get cracking tomorrow. Yesterday I did various tings around the house, planted some plants, etc., and had dinner with my parents - my mom made v. tasty philly cheesesteak with hash browns and five cup salad, which was delicious.

Today, it was more of the same. I spent some quality time this morning journaling on my balcony before it got too hot, and I also had a delightful chat with Riturani. Then I did quite a bit of organizing / cleaning in my office, which had gotten a little out of control. I also spent some quality time organizing tings in the garage - I've had a pile of unorganized mess in the garage since my kitchen remodel (or perhaps before, during all the painting I was doing), and I wanted to get it cleaned up so that it was less unsightly and also so that I would have a better grasp on where all my stuff is. The garage is looking much better, so it was a worthy endeavor even if I almost felt overheated by the end of it.

Then I took a quick break, made burrito bowls for supper, and took a shower while the burrito bowls cooked. They turned out bizarrely spicy compared to how they usually are - I don't know whether it was the salsa, the green chiles, the chorizo, or the taco seasoning that was spicier than usual, but it may have been a combination of all of them. Still, it was quite tasty, so I'll take it. Then, [censored] and I watched a couple of episodes of Stargate for lack of anything better to do (one could argue that I should have worked on mural stuff, but one would be wrong). And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: