Monday, January 01, 2024

talking bout sun darts

It was gloomy today and I wasn't in the mood, but that's small town life during mud season. I slept very late, and then I made coffee and had a long impromptu convo with Jess, which was a complete delight. I wish people still called each other the way we used to when it was long distance and actually required monetary investment instead of advanced planning, because it's actually great.

Then, I put some potatoes in the oven, did a bunch of house stuff, ate a latte lunch, cooked some bacon, and made some twice baked potatoes for tomorrow's festivities. I kept doing house stuff until I could bear it no longer, and finally showered around five pm. And then I made a double batch of spaghetti sauce - a single batch would have sufficed, but now there's sauce in the freezer for a rainy (muddy) day.

[Censored] and I watched the latest Chappelle special while we ate spaghetti, which had some gratuitously offensive parts and some hilariously introspective parts, as his specials usually do. Then we finished the final season of Letterkenny, which was v bittersweet. It ended just as midnight hit, and we rang in the new year with thawed funfetti cupcakes that I'd kept in the freezer. And now, I really need to go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: