Friday, February 23, 2024

all i wanna do is prove it to you

I didn't blog yesterday because I had nothing of note to report - a committee meeting (at which I successfully pulled the plug on something I didn't want to do), some writing, and some making of dinner (burrito bowls). And I finished reading 'Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone', which was interesting as an exercise in exploring ways to tell stories, but not my favorite mystery ever.

Today, however, was more action-packed - I got up, chatted with [censored], made some coffee, took a shower, and went to Des Moines. My primary goal was to have a follow up with my allergist, but I took advantage of the fact that I was going at a reasonable time of day to have lunch with Aunt Kathy. We met at a seafood place in West Des Moines, and it was great to see her - and I would have said that even if I didn't know that she reads my blog.

After, I went to the allergist, who asked me if I've seen any cats recently (no) or eaten crab (also no), and then told me to come back in six months. More to the point, I'm through with the main series of shots and am entering maintenance mode, so he wanted to see how I'm feeling - and overall it's been great. I'm not using eye drops for my allergies, and he thinks I could stop taking claritin, but I've been taking it out of habit. My ragweed season this year was way better than tree season last spring, so I'm hopeful that tree season this year will be much improved. Of course, tree season could start any day given how warm it's been, but we'll see.

Then I grabbed some stuff that I didn't precisely need from World Market (indoor pots to replant some stuff), got some groceries from Whole Foods, came home, chatted with Adit, and ate leftover burrito bowls with [censored]. And now I need to get ready to go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: