Monday, February 12, 2024

in the club looking so conspicuous

I'm wrapping up my trip to the city of sin, and today was a nice finale. I checked out of my hotel this morning and met Kristen for brunch in San Mateo - I went to her baby shower yesterday (was it only yesterday?) but I knew we wouldn't actually get to catch up, so I'm glad we had some solo time together.

Then I grabbed a coffee to keep me awake and drove to Pescadero. When I arrived, I rendezvoused with Lauren (aka Subz), who gave me a tour of their amazing renovation before we went back into town for some coffee and catch up time. Then, we went to a super bowl party at her friend's house - Erin and Sean were a delight, and I had enough rosé and tequila to float my boat, so that was pretty great. I was cheering for the Niners, so the last minutes were brutal, but it was a fun party and I loved seeing Subz in her Pescadero element.

And now I need to sleep so I can get back to ye olde Iowa tomorrow -goodnight!

No comments: