Friday, February 16, 2024

did i wait too long to turn the lights back on?

I once again accidentally slept until ten, which is a feat that I hope I will not repeat tomorrow. So, I didn't write as much this morning as I intended - after I made coffee and got some yogurt, I only had a couple of hours before I had to shower, eat lunch, and go into town to get my allergy shots.

The allergy shots were fine, albeit painful; since I was gone for three weeks, I didn't get the next dose as soon as I usually do, and so my arms blew up. It wasn't enough to cause concern for the nurse, but it's been uncomfortable for the rest of the day. Then I ran some other errands, went to the grocery store, came home, and took care of some pressing tings that needed to get done and that I've been putting off.

Eventually, I made a repeat of last night's dinner - I made fresh rice and fresh roasted broccoli, and [censored] and I reheated leftover salmon. I was a little late starting the rice, so we didn't eat until 7:15. But then we watched the new Taylor Tomlinson special, which was quite funny. And we watched a bunch of videos of Billy Joel, who just released his first new song in decades - and the music video uses AI so that younger versions of himself perform various parts of the song, which is a little trippy and far too realistic for comfort.

And now, I need to force myself to go to sleep so that I can get back on midwestern time - wish me luck with that. Goodnight!

No comments: