Saturday, February 10, 2024

baby you're a firework

I had a v nice, somewhat busy day. I got up, showered, and then grabbed a coffee from Philz, which took longer than I wanted it to but was also worth the walk. Then I wrote until one, while also doing a tiny bit of laundry, and that was all great for my mental state.

Eventually, I uber'd to one of my favorite restaurants - Nopalito - for a late lunch with Ki (aka my former big boss, although not the original one from 2009). Because of how I left and the timing of the pandemic, I didn't feel like I got to say bye to most people, so I was glad to see her today. We caught up on a million things, which was good...

... And then I had happy hour (sans food, but with tequila,) at Stoa with my friend Jenni. We had much to catch up on, so we spent a couple of hours there. And then I walked to Beretta, where I had dinner with Katrina - we had even more to catch up on, so we went deep on many and varied tings.

But now I need to go to bed - there are a crazy number of illegal fireworks going off, likely because it's Lunar New Year, but I'm tired enough that I think I'll sleep despite it. Goodnight!

No comments: