Tuesday, February 13, 2024

i fought the current running just the way you would

I am back home after almost three weeks away - and as usual, [censored] left the place better than he found it, while I have no improvements to show for my time away. I guess I did procure a Starbucks mug and some candles, which is pretty on brand. And I went to Costco and Whole Foods this morning before driving home, so cooking will happen again imminently.

Today was uneventful, although I was pretty unhappy that the hotel was doing construction on the room directly across from mine starting at 8am, which was not how I wanted my morning to start. But I was able to grab a v. large cold brew from Starbucks and then run my errands, including a much-needed car wash, so I'm glad I stayed in the city last night.

By the time I got home, it was around three, and I diligently unloaded the car, put tings in the fridge, and unpacked enough to do a load of laundry. I also took a nap to compensate for the construction noise this morning. And I talked to my parents on the phone - theoretically I could have gone to their house to see them, but I was looking forward to being in my house, so I stayed here instead.

Eventually, I made dinner - brown rice in my rice cooker + a tofu stirfry with peppers, onions, and green beans. It's really simple and delicious, and after several weeks of utter and complete decadence, it's time to reset. And then I took care of some small tings online while avoiding making a list of all the big tings I have to do in the next couple of weeks - but Future Sara can figure that out. Goodnight!

No comments: