Monday, February 19, 2024

I watched the mighty skyline fall

I had a lovely day, all in all - I made coffee (on the second attempt), said hi to [censored], and wrote for just a bit before showering and making lunch. Hannah came over, since she has Mondays off, and I made coconut chicken curry from the Burma Superstar cookbook since she's one of the few people here who I know I can subject to such things.

Hannah brought stuff to make sushi rolls, so she made some while the curry finished cooking. The curry turned out well, if I do say so myself - it could have used some more time for the flavors to meld, but otherwise it was quite tasty. And [censored] ate lunch with us, albeit leftovers dug from the depths of the fridge since curry isn't [censored]'s jam.

Hannah hung out for a few hours after lunch, so we caught up on many topics before she headed out. [Censored] left shortly thereafter, and I chilled for a bit before taking out my trash and then writing for an hour to make up for limited production earlier.

Then I watched the Iowa State basketball game - they gave a valiant effort against Houston, but it wasn't meant to be. And then I did what I should have done instead of watching the game - I read part of a mystery for the past couple of hours. I'm tempted to keep going, but I should probably sleep instead - so we'll see whether I turn out my light or pick up my ereader after I post this. Goodnight!

No comments: