Tuesday, February 20, 2024

in all the time i've known you i still don't know what you mean

I had a very lowkey day today - I somehow woke up tired, and I stayed tired, and I also didn't caffeinate enough. I did clean up the kitchen and write a little bit, and I did three loads of laundry, and I finally unpacked my suitcase from my trip - so it wasn't all a waste. But I certainly didn't feel #inittowinit from a productivity standpoint.

Eventually, though, I went out to my parents' house for dinner - I was going to have leftover curry, but my dad was testing his new rotisserie, so I took them up on the offer of supper. His first attempt with beef roast was quite tasty, and Mom roasted some nice potatoes / broccoli / carrots to go with it, and so I was well-rewarded for the effort of driving out there (and by that I mean it was zero effort, although I probably added some dust to my car).

Then I came home, messed around online, and took care of one important life task that I needed to get done (health insurance, since I'm about to lose cobra). It's hard to believe I've been gone from my job for eighteen months - and in previous stints, I went back to the same company after 2yr 3mo and 2yr 4mo respectively. So if I keep that trend up I should be back by the end of the year...but I really don't intend for that to happen.

But I'm glad that I finished the long process of looking at subpar insurance plans and choosing the least bad option, so at least I know I'll be covered when my cobra expires. And now, I need to go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: