Thursday, February 08, 2024

just find a place to make your stand and take it easy

I had an v low-key day in the city of sin, which is what I needed after several days of shenanigans. I got up this morning after plenty of sleep, took a shower, took another shower outside because it was pouring, and bought a cheap umbrella at Walgreens to deal with the rain. Then I grabbed a latte and took it to my beloved nail salon, where the ladies were happy to see me - and I was happy to get a proper manicure and pedicure after months of slumming it on my own.

Then I grabbed another latte to top up my caffeine, and then I had a late lunch at pizzeria delfina. They have one of the best gf pizza crusts around, and their mushroom pizza is particularly delightful.

By then I was done with my outings, so I came back to my hotel, did my laundry, and wrote while sitting on the floor outside the laundry room since getting all my clothes stolen would have been a real downer. I kept writing until around eight, and then I had a late dinner at the new restaurant across the street in what used to be the Meridien. I wrote a bit more while eating steak (gf can be expensive), and I could have easily called it there...

... But I rallied and met Chandlord and one of her coworkers for drinks at PCH. We had a fine time, and my cocktail was delicious (so good I had a second). Chandlord was fun, as always, even if we cannot tell you why we find Malala to be hysterical.

And now, I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: