Sunday, February 18, 2024

every time the bass bangs, realize it calls your name

I was more productive than I perhaps even wanted to be today. When I got up, I made some coffee, buckled down, and wrote for a few hours. I probably should have kept going, but eventually I got hungry, and that stalled any creativity for the day. However, lunch was tasty - I procured some tamales from a random tamale seller yesterday, who met me on the town square and handed me a packet of tamales wrapped in foil. It felt a little like a drug deal, but I'm not going to judge - and the tamales were excellent. I ate a couple yesterday and a couple today and froze the rest, so I'm excited for tamales to appear again in my future.

Anyway, after I ate and caught up on what was happening on the internet (spoiler: nothing), I spent the afternoon cleaning the basement. [censored] and I had both idly considered that it would be a good idea to mop before starting to spread everything back out after the HVAC project, but mopping an entire basement also feels like a bad idea in the moment, so we had never done it. But today was the day. [censored] very kindly swept dirt and moved tings around, and also helped me get water in a place where we don't have easy access to water. And I mopped basically the entire basement, with the exception of where some shelves were that we couldn't move + the weird prison bathroom. So now the basement, and even the garage, smell v. fresh and PineSol-y, and we can go back to using the basement as intended.

When we were done with that, I went ahead and mopped the kitchen too since I was going to be washing mop heads anyway. Then I took a shower before making dinner - a creamy chicken and mushroom dish with mashed potatoes. I overcooked the chicken breasts in a rookie move, but the sauce was excellent and my mashed potatoes are almost always great. And [censored] and I enjoyed it while watching a bunch of skits from the last few weeks of SNL, which was a nice way to close out the night.

And now I need to go to bed since I have plans tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: