Saturday, April 06, 2024

i can always change my name if that's what you mean

I'm glad I stayed in Des Moines last night, even though I didn't get much done today as a result - even though I'm feeling better, I should probably take it a little easy the next few days. I slept until after nine, and then I showered, threw my stuff in the car, and grabbed one last cold brew at Starbucks before leaving cities behind and heading into the wilderness.

But before I fully got into the wilderness, I stopped for groceries and gas. I finally got home after 2pm, where I was greeted by [censored], who had made many improvements to the house while I was gone. Since I made zero improvements to the house while I was gone (other than ordering a piece of furniture that showed up today), [censored] has thoroughly upstaged me. [censored] also showed me around some of his various holdings, which always makes for a fun and unusual tour.

At some point, I desperately needed a nap, which I took. Then, [censored] and I went to dinner with our parents - we went to our usual prime rib place, which was tasty. And now, I need to start unwinding and go to bed - I'm not totally tired yet, but I need to start adjusting to the timezone, and tonight would be a good time to make the first attempt. Goodnight!

No comments: