Saturday, April 06, 2024

this ain't texas

I'm in Des Moines after a v uneventful day of travel. I got up today in time for an 8:30 meeting, and I worked most of the morning before ordering some Thai for lunch. Then I said farewell to the hotel where I've stayed for the past two weeks - the staff is all super nice, but I'm looking forward to not seeing them for awhile. 

Then I went to the airport, did some work while waiting there, and flew to Denver. I watched as much of the Iowa/UConn game as I could on my phone - Google has its issues, but I will say that YouTube TV is awesome for being able to watch live TV in situations like this. I had to shut off my phone early in the fourth quarter. But I heard someone scream somewhere on the plane later, and I guessed from the scream (+ the continuation of cabin pressure, which eliminated a door plug failure) that Iowa won.

When I landed, I retrieved my bags and almost drove home... But I decided I was too tired, and that I should be prudent given my recent COVID battle. I actually felt pretty good today, but sleep is probably still important (although I should have gone to bed as soon as I fit to my hotel instead of spending an hour catching up on the news). Goodnight!

No comments: