Sunday, April 28, 2024

on the road again

I had a v action-packed final day in ye olde Iowa. My friends and I spent the morning doing v small town things involving tractors and excavators thanks to [censored]'s tutelage. Then, I furiously packed, watered plants, etc - originally I was just going to drop my friends at the airport, but now I have to go to San Francisco from Monday to Friday. So I had to pack up alongside them.

We made it out of the house by three, and we took a detour to Lineville so they could cross Missouri off their bucket lists (and see a couple of murals). Then we drove to Des Moines, where we checked into the Hotel Fort Des Moines, which is still lovely. We had dinner at Fong's, which was a little ridiculous, mostly because the server dropped one pizza into the second pizza, which startled everyone. 

Then we had a final drink at the hotel bar, said our farewells to Jen and Jane (who are down the hall), and Joann and I chatted a bit while getting ready for bed (and while I painted my nails). But now I desperately need to get a few hours of sleep before my flight - goodnight!

No comments: