Monday, April 15, 2024

these drinks are breaking up old routines

It was v. hot in my house when I woke up this morning - so it's a good thing that my HVACers showed up to finish hooking up my A/C. When they did my massive HVAC project last fall, they weren't able to put the refrigerant (some would call it coolant, but they would apparently be wrong) into the A/C lines and pressure test it all due to the low temps outside. Luckily they came back today - just in time for me to probably get a tornado tomorrow, and certainly not need a/c for another week or so.

Otherwise, my day was good. If I keep this job, I'm dooming myself to rough Mondays, since I have mandatory meetings straight from 10:30-2:30 with no breaks - but that's not the worst thing in the world. After all, in my last tech job I had seven or eight hours of meetings a day, and so far that has never happened here. I got up this morning in time to take a leisurely shower, drink some cold brew, and do some work before my first meeting, and then I slogged through the rest of the day.

Eventually, it was time to quit, and so I helped [censored] run an errand and also took my ten pounds of ham balls out to my parents' house so that I could use their freezer for them. Then I came home, said farewell to [censored], sat on my balcony to take advantage of the unseasonably warm weather and my freshly-cleaned adirondack chairs, and made a million lists of things to do. I took a break from the outdoor world to eat some chicken taco meat on top of brown rice - the taco meat was a slow cooker special that I threw together today, and it's so good that I could eat it all the time (and probably will if I have less time to cook). I then sat on my balcony and wrote in the dark, which was pretty lovely - the weather is going to turn tomorrow, so I'm pretending it's summer while I can.

And now, I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: