Wednesday, April 03, 2024

we are the people we've been waiting for

I threw in the towel today and surrendered completely to covid in an attempt to speed through the next phase of recovery. While I'm definitely better than I was this weekend, I woke up still feeling a lot of dizziness / headache / general brain fatigue, and it felt like the only way to get over that was to lie flat on my back and not look at a screen.

Since my whole job (life) is basically sitting upright and looking at a screen, avoiding those things is quite difficult. But my boss was pretty supportive of the notion, and so other than one meeting (with Adit, who I didn't need to put on a show for and therefore didn't feel like a meeting), I mostly stayed in bed. And I would say this was the right call - my cough is close to gone, and while my head still isn't quite right, it's way better than it was this morning.

However, this was a supremely boring way to spend the day, and it has given me nothing else to tell you. So I'm going to start unwinding and aiming for bed (even though I slept a couple of times today and it's only 8:40pm), and hopefully by morning I'll be closer to normal. Goodnight!

No comments: