Saturday, April 13, 2024

what if i'm far from home? oh [censored], i will hear you call

I had quite a productive day today - it's amazing what happens if I manage to stay off my phone in the morning. Not that I entirely stayed off the phone - I had an hour-long chat with my friend Sherry, a writer whom I haven't seen since before the pandemic. But I talked to her via my headphones while I cleaned my fridge, which was a good way to multitask. Since I was on a roll with the kitchen fridge, I also cleaned the garage fridge and did some sorting / discarding in my pantry.

Eventually, I ate a salad, showered, and drove to the next town over to grab some groceries. I didn't need to do a thorough restocking, but there were some tings I needed sooner rather than later - and because I was going, I (selfishly) offered to pick up bratwurst for my dad to grill for supper. This was a good move on my part, since bratwurst are always excellent and my mom made her famous baked beans to go with them.

Between getting groceries and eating supper, I took care of a few more tasks and then drove [censored] out to our parents' house. It was gorgeously warm today, although it was too windy to really enjoy it, and the farmers are getting going with their spring planting. It seems a little early based on the calendar, but my body is ready for summer.

Eventually, we came home, and I mostly procrastinated rather than doing anything else (although I did make some lists). And now I'm going to go to bed so that I can get cracking tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: