Friday, April 26, 2024

you can beat the heat if you beat the charges too

I'm blogging from my basement, which has never happened before - but I'm testing out sleeping down here in case I ever want to put a guest here, and so far so good. More to the point, I have three delightful houseguests this weekend, and by putting myself down here, everyone gets their own space (although one space is an air mattress in my office).

So today was a blur of getting ready - I had to work for far longer than I wanted to, and then I scrambled to finish cleaning, doing laundry, showering, etc. But I left just in time to pick up Jen, Jane, and Joann from the airport - we're having a friendship renewal weekend extravaganza, and we're v unusually doing it in Iowa.

We kicked things off in style by having dinner at Johnny's (where I always used to go on airport runs). Then we grabbed some groceries in Indianola and headed home. Unfortunately the weather looks like it's going to oscillate between garbage and actual danger most of the weekend, so we'll see what we do. But so far so good - we got home, settled in, and then had a v leisurely bottle of champagne while chatting with [censored] (who v graciously shared his name with the friendship renewal crew).

Now, though, I desperately need to sleep so we can pursue all sorts of fun tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: