Friday, April 19, 2024

i need to forget, so take me to florida

I had a lovely day, all in all. I woke up feeling a little sick to my stomach, but I rebounded and got on with my work day. I'm still figuring out the rhythms of this work-from-home situation - you would think that I would be a pro at it after the pandemic, but the rhythms of this job are pretty different (i.e. many fewer meetings), and I'm also still getting up to speed.

But I slogged most of the day, with a pleasant surprise call from Ritu in the middle of it. So we chatted until I was too hungry to keep talking, and then I ate some leftover chicken taco meat and slogged the rest of the day. I also had an impromptu meeting with Adit (some people call him the cat, but clearly no one at work does) - it's v. nice to have a built-in friend at work from the get-go when I'm trying to figure things out.

Eventually, the work day came to an end, and I repeated yesterday's post-work excursion in reverse - I drove [censored] to [censored], where I dropped him off to pick up his truck. Before we left the town where it was serviced, we grabbed dinner at Toot-Toot - we'd driven by it yesterday and I didn't intend to eat there, but I looked it up after and it shockingly had 4.5 stars on Google. It's a buffet-style place and the buffet tonight was $18.99, but they had prime rib, ham, burnt ends, fried catfish, several kinds of fried shrimp, steak, and a whole bunch of other stuff. It was all pretty tasty considering the spread, and it was worth glutening myself at the time.

However, now I have a bit of a headache, which means I can't keep doing anything work or house related, which means I need to go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: