Sunday, April 07, 2024

i whisper secrets in the backbeat

I had a pretty good first full day back in my house - I'm still somewhat congested from the 'rona, but otherwise I'm mostly better. I did sleep late due to the illness + the time change, and then I spent some quality time this morning / early afternoon writing (after much too long not writing). Then I took a shower before settling in to watch the Iowa/South Carolina game.

Sadly, of course, Iowa lost - they were smoking in the first quarter, but South Carolina's depth (and Kamila Cardoso's height) was unstoppable. I'm happy for South Carolina since I like their coach and it's amazing what they were able to do with a bunch of freshmen, but it's too bad for Iowa. But I've also never been an Iowa fan, so I can return to not being an Iowa fan now that the season is over.

After the game, I took care of a variety of tasks (laundry, mail, bill paying, shopping the Sephora semi-annual sale) and then made dinner. [Censored] definitely deserved burrito bowls after being such a helpful buddy while I was gone, so I made burrito bowls - and I'm happy to report that I didn't forget how to make them. Then, [censored] and I dealt with an annoying bookkeeping task. And then, I came upstairs and spent the last couple of hours doing stuff for this new day job - I don't think that will be a regular need, but since I barely did anything last week due to covid, I wanted to kick the week off right.

And now, I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: