Tuesday, January 23, 2018

i do my makeup in somebody else's car

I'm back in Boulder after approximately 24hrs on the ground in California - and I'm glad to be back for the foreseeable future. Today was pretty uneventful, although I was a bit tired and cranky after getting only six hours of sleep - I woke up at six a.m. so that I could shower and sneak out of Veronica's house in time to beat traffic (although it wasn't exactly sneaking since she got up to say goodbye to me). This proved to be a wise strategy - while it took 90min for me to get to Mountain View, that included a stop at a Philz somewhere just south of San Francisco, so I had v. tasty coffee to sustain the rest of the voyage. Given that it was raining, this was great time - although it reminded me that Boulder is still preferable when it comes to traffic, even if I occasionally have to scrape six inches of snow off my car.

When I got to work, I put on my makeup and finished getting ready, then ate a hurried breakfast before my first and only meeting of the day. Since that meeting was 5.5 hours, though, it's no wonder I was a bit fried by the end. So I drove to the San Jose airport, returned my rental, and spent some quality time working in the airport - first a meeting, then answering some emails while eating a burger to get me through the evening.

My flight was totally uneventful - I had an empty seat next to me, and I should have worked, but instead I read the whole way (A COURT OF MIST AND FURY, which is the sequel to the book that I was obsessed with this weekend). I had started it on the plane yesterday and reluctantly put it down to see Veronica; tonight, it was so good that when I got to Denver, I sat in the airport for almost an hour reading some more before reluctantly getting in my car and coming home. And now all I want to do is finish it...but I know I shouldn't stay up until three a.m. So, I'm going to crawl into bed and sleep - goodnight!

No comments: