Wednesday, January 10, 2018

what about us

I'm not quite as tapped out tonight as I expected to be - despite the fact that I had my first meeting at nine a.m. and have been doing work-related stuff until 10pm, thanks to the fact that I had a manager dinner tonight and came home to have a conference call with a team member who is currently in India. To be completely accurate, I did do some non-work stuff on the way home from dinner, since I stopped at Whole Foods to buy coffee beans; I also threw a load of laundry in the wash, which I now need to retrieve. Yes, my life is glamorous.

But the meetings were all good, and I had some time to enjoy a very tasty salad while looking at the mountains, so things could be worse. Also, dinner was at a totally ridiculous place called Shine, which I chose because it was both vegan and paleo friendly. I also chose it because it serves 'potions' instead of beverages. The potions are not just a combination of flavors; they are infused with sound waves, such as the sound waves of a baby's laughter. I know, right? I was pretty good on sticking to the whole 30 things (I avoided all grain, dairy, etc.), and I shockingly didn't have an alcoholic beverage despite the fact that work events typically make me want one or five...but I did have a potion, which had a variety of juices, herbs, and some honey. This probably means I have totally failed my whole30 and will die alone, but I'm just going to keep going since I don't think a teaspoon of honey is enough to destroy my life.

However, my life will be destroyed if I don't get some sleep - goodnight!

No comments: