Tuesday, January 09, 2018

good morning sophie

I tapped out my social energy today - or maybe I'm just physically exhausted from trampolining, not clear. I also haven't gotten quite enough sleep in the last week to recover from staying up reading until super late one night last week + staying up until 2am putting my office together Saturday night. So even though it's 10:13pm, I'm going to close my laptop, go upstairs, and go to bed as soon as I finish this post (I swear!).

But today was good(ish) - I had an early meeting that I took from home, and then I went to the nice office and had three minutes to grab breakfast to take to my next meeting. We ended up meeting, quite unnecessarily, in an old RV that has been brought in and parked next to the barista - so I ate my breakfast on a formica tabletop in a 50s-style RV while discussing some tech requirements for something. Yes, my life is the opposite of what it was a year ago when I was en route to Bali....

Then I had some more meetings, spent 90mins writing an email I didn't end up sending, ate some lunch, went to my building (less nice, but still fine), and then had a team offsite. We went to a trampoline place in Arvada, and the person who organized it bought a two hour pass because we had the money for it - but we all realized pretty quickly that two hours of trampolining (even with trampoline dodgeball and trampoline basketball and a variety of other things) was way more trampolining that any of us wanted. So we adjourned slightly early and went to Denver to have a drink and dinner - which was so close to Katie that I really just wanted to see her instead, but I had to drive people home, so I couldn't sneak out.

We ended up at a place called Recess, which was perfect - Andy's girlfriend (who also works at our company) met us there with their dog, and we sat out on the patio under a heat lamp that was almost unnecessary - it was 60+ degrees here today, so eating outside in January was actually viable. I tried my best to stick with the Whole30 - I didn't have alcohol or grains or cheese, and I skipped my beloved ketchup because of the sugar.  But I did get fries, which were almost certainly cooked in some sort of forbidden oil - but if that was the only thing that I slipped on, I'm not sorry.

Then I drove some people back to Boulder, came home, wandered around like a zombie, changed my sheets, and journaled to clear my head. And now I'm really, truly going to bed - goodnight!

No comments: