Sunday, January 07, 2018

say you won't let go

I meant to go to bed two hours ago...but you've heard that one before. I'm pretty pleased with what I got done today, though - true, I didn't get up until 9:45, but that was fine by me. I spent the rest of the morning journaling and drinking coffee, which was v. pleasant. Then I made a late breakfast and spent all afternoon/evening doing homemaker-type stuff. This mostly involved organizing my jewelry and tidying up my bedroom (all those annoying last few things to put away were eating into my space...and while I didn't put them all away, it's closer).

Then I went to Whole Foods to grab stuff for dinner - I made my favorite amatriciana sauce (bacon, red onions, garlic, red pepper flakes + tomato sauce that I made a couple of months ago and froze) and tossed it with zucchini noodles instead of spaghetti. This was satisfyingly delicious - it would have been better with a lot of cheese, but as far as the spaghetti substitute itself goes, it was pretty tasty.

Then I spent the last few hours organizing my office. I think I need to buy one more shelf or cabinet of some kind, but that can wait - I'm now at the point where all my books are well-organized, my mementoes and other inspirations are properly displayed, and my bulletin boards are covered in a pleasing hodgepodge of photos, old cards, quotes, and other memories. I think I want to swap out some of the photos at some point, since I haven't printed new photos for the board in a couple of years - but this is a good start. I still have some lingering stuff to put away, and I want to get some art for the wall, but again, that can all wait.

But then I suddenly realized it was one a.m., which means I need to sleep immediately since I have grand plans to have fun, cook, journal, work, and generally be productive tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: